Our work encompasses the full range of criminal and regulatory prosecutions and enforcement actions. This includes:
- prosecuting serious criminal cases in the greater Wellington region on behalf of the Crown
- conducting prosecutions for the Serious Fraud Office
- conducting litigation around New Zealand on behalf of government agencies and other public entities
- conducting local authority prosecutions and related enforcement work in the Environment Court
- conducting appeals for the Crown and other government agencies to the High Court and Court of Appeal
- providing advice to the Police and other agencies on all aspects of prosecutions and enforcement-based work
- representing clients in a variety of other tribunals such as the Coroner’s Court, the Court Martial of New Zealand, the New Zealand Parole Board and professional disciplinary hearings
- advising clients with prosecutorial functions about investigations and procedure
- running training programmes for in-house legal and investigative teams.
The types of cases we're
involved in include:
- representing the Crown in some of New Zealand’s most notorious criminal cases up to Privy Council level (such as the Bruce Howse case)
- representing government bodies in highly technical enforcement proceedings that have been argued to Supreme Court level (such as the prosecution of the Lombard directors)
- local body prosecutions of corporations polluting our waterways.