We are experienced in all aspects of professional disciplinary proceedings. We act for a number of organisations across a wide range of sectors. This includes:
- reviewing investigations and providing advice on decisions to charge before disciplinary tribunals
- drafting charges and supporting evidence
- appearing for the prosecution at tribunal hearings
- advising and appearing on appeals to the District Court and High Court from decisions of disciplinary tribunals
- defending professionals in disciplinary tribunals
- reviewing professional bodies' internal and external policies and procedures relating to competency assessment and disciplinary prosecution
- advising professional disciplinary tribunals on legal issues.
The types of cases we're involved in include:
- prosecution of a former Supreme Court Judge before the Judicial Conduct Committee
- prosecuting and defending before the Court Martial of New Zealand
- prosecuting in the Health Practitioner’s Disciplinary Tribunal and appeals in the High Court
- prosecuting in the New Zealand Teachers Disciplinary Tribunal and appeals in the District Court
- prosecuting in the Lawyers and Conveyancers Disciplinary Tribunal.